titleimage.jpg (44906 bytes)

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Mama Marcie 

Another Sunday happy memory.

my other sister, Marcie was also very very good to me. She was 14 years older than me, and thought of me as a very cool baby doll, i think. For years i thought The Ballard of Curtis Lowe was a lullaby. And, it was Marcie that bought me the big wheel.It was yellow and black, and i could fly on it. Marcie had a yellow camero, so i called my yellow big wheel a yellow camero. During the summer Marcie often came down on Sundays. We would park our yellow cameros side by side out in Granny's yard and haul out the water hoses, scrub brushes and buckets of cold soapy water. Then we would commence to wash our "babies." i took my big wheel washing as seriously as she took her car washing. Which was not that seriously.By the time we were done we'd both be covered in soap and water and splashes of mud. i would giggle enough to make up for days of no laughter, and she'd pick me up and spin me around in the air. No Sunday was complete without a change into PJ's for us both and then we'd drive to Hardees for hamburgers with lettuce and mayo. Since i often didn't get fed without "earning it" this abundance of food was an absolute delight.She told me she loved me, every time she saw me. And, many Sundays we would cruise around in her freshly washed car and i would eat as she waved at friends and sang along to the radio. In my eyes Marcie was the essence of all that was cool. Thinking back on "Mama Marcie" as i called her, always makes me feel special and loved. Like the coolest little kid in all the world. Just like she always told me i was.

Raven screamed at 6:13 PM


________________________________
My history, uncensored.  This is my place to pour out the secrets that haunt me.  This is my therapy blog, read at your own risk.

Archives
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
July 2010


Email me

my happily ever after
Always His angel

Other Blogs Speaking Out


eXTReMe Tracker