titleimage.jpg (44906 bytes)

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Starting a Sunday Tradition 

So... this place is depressing. i know it. So... on Sundays i'm going to blog a happy memory from my childhood. Let us have some happiness.When i was about six years old i went through a major Strawberry Shortcake thing. You know the little doll with a cake for a hat. i had her stickers on all my books. i made up Strawberry Shortcake stories and told them to my granny and i told them to Iris when she stopped by with her parents to see me.One day, out of the blue, my mother arrived with a fancy wrapped package. It wasn't my birthday or anything. Just a Thursday. i was over the moon ecstatic. my mother had come to see me, that was the greatest thing. i couldn't be hurt, and instead she sat in the recliner and took me in her lap. i could smell her wonderful sent and snuggle my face against her. i was in heaven.And, on top of that, here was a big box wrapped in fancy paper with shiny bows. For me. She had thought of me, and brought me this gift. For no reason. Could it have been for love? i was so beside myself with happiness and gratitude i hugged myself and cried. i didn't want to open the gift. i just want to look at its beauty and hold onto my Mama.Finally i carefully pulled the tape away. Carefully, so carefully, i didn't want to ruin the paper, i wanted to hang it up in my room so i could look at it all the time. This sign of my mother's love. Beneath the paper was a satiny white box. i ran my hands over the cool surface with the delight."Go on, honey," she urged "Open it, its yours."So i opened the box. And, inside was a strawberry shortcake nightgown, robe and slippers. They were beautiful. Glorious. Surely the best present anyone had ever received. Because i knew... every night when i went to bed... in a way, my Mama would go with me. i was so thrilled i covered her face in kisses."Thank you so much Mama!! i love them! What can i do to show you how much i love them?"She laughed and kissed my cheek. i winced slightly and she noticed the horrible bruise there. Holding me into the light, she noticed quite a few bruises and cuts. "My goodness, what happened to you?""i fall in the creek. i'm clumsy.""Well, be careful, sweetie. We wouldn't want anything to happen to you."i promised to be more careful and leaned against her taking in her smell. Her softness. Her love. i basked. She even took me in her car and bought me a hamburger before returning me to my grandparent's house.After that, nothing could spoil my day. It was wonderful. And, i fell asleep that night, wondering for the first time... if someone might really love me.

Raven screamed at 6:09 PM


________________________________
My history, uncensored.  This is my place to pour out the secrets that haunt me.  This is my therapy blog, read at your own risk.

Archives
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
July 2010


Email me

my happily ever after
Always His angel

Other Blogs Speaking Out


eXTReMe Tracker