titleimage.jpg (44906 bytes)

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Sunday Traditions... A Story for my Sunday Tradition 

From the time i was very little my parents always went on picnics in the fall. my mother and sisters cooked a nice meal and we would all pile into Daddy's truck. Most of us on the back, but one kid was always chosen to ride up front with them. Never, me... but Jenny, Iris or Frank (Marcie's son.) i never felt sad about this, because i had a BALL on the back of that truck.Vanessa and i would sing silly songs like Annie Mae and The Hotdog Man. Iris and i would play clubfist or the alphabet game and Jenny or Frank and i would have tickle wars. There were also times when Marcie went along, and she would always have me sit between her legs and play with my hair. i sucked up this positive loving touch greedily. It was heaven.We would drive around the mountains until we found a likely spot. Then everyone would pile out. We would feast on the delicious food, and the grownups would sit around and talk while the kids ran around playing. We could be as loud and rambunctious as we wanted on these outings. Then my Mama would tell a story. She always weaved a magical new story. And we would sit rapt and listen to her while the men cleared up. And, then, finally we would climb back into the truck. Usually by the time we got home all the kids were asleep, except me. They would be carried in and i would go take my bath,reliving the day in my mind.

Raven screamed at 6:23 PM


________________________________
My history, uncensored.  This is my place to pour out the secrets that haunt me.  This is my therapy blog, read at your own risk.

Archives
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
July 2010


Email me

my happily ever after
Always His angel

Other Blogs Speaking Out


eXTReMe Tracker