titleimage.jpg (44906 bytes)

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Still Unraveling 


Here is the second flashback. i'm still looking for missing pieces. This week may run into Saturday before i can put it all together. Or perhaps i'll have an epiphany. Or perhaps one of my really intelligent readers will have ideas. i don't know. And, perhaps, i'll never have it all. *sigh*


Kayla and i are being farried to a party. Parties are sometimes hard, but very profitable. i take comfort from her sitting next to me. Having a second girl makes these things much easier. Kayla and i are similar in build, her being less curvy (of course) but still obviously somewhat developed. She has long straight blonde hair which is a nice counterpart to my long curly dark hair.
i am seated in the middle. Between her and John. John's presence instead of Benny's warns me this is likely to be very rough. Kayla's quiet tears are another warning. John suddenly reaches over and slams my head into Kayla's.
"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"
i see stars for a minute and for a second she gives a strangled wince of pain before silencing herself. Keeping my eyes lowered i turn my head slightly and look at John's hands out of the corner of my eye. The place his tension usually shows the most. And, sure enough he is griping the wheel so hard his knuckles are white.
Panic erupts in my chest. WHERE THE FUCK ARE WE GOING?
John's hand shoots up and winds into my hair. i always hate sitting between John and Kayla. For some reason she brings out the worst in John, through no fault of her own i can ever see.
"Do I have your attention now? Good. There are 10. Its for 4 hours. They wanted fresh girls, and so I picked you two sniveling bitches. Now. I don't want to hear from you. Unless things get way out of hand. If they do, yell loud, I'm going to be close by. Two years ago these assholes handed me back one girl who was never worth a damn again and a dead body. I have no intention of that happening again. So I'll be close. But, so help me god, if you fuck up this kind of money and one of you isn't near death... you will wish to god you were."
i feel Kayla slid her hand over mine and turn it palm up. We are sitting there desperately holding onto one another. Trying not to let John see. Silent, terrified and clinging to one another.
We finally pull up in front of a warehouse of some sort. i am relieved to see another girl milling around in front of the place. She doesn't look like a working girl, but still, another female. At this point i hadn't learned that women were so often worse than men.
John fixes Kayla with his icy glare. "Out."
i scoot across the seat to follow her, but he grabs my arm. "Don't volunteer for anything. Let Kayla do all the harder stuff. Its more important for you to come home okay. I mean it, mind me now."
i nod. i slide out the car and take Kayla's hand. Together we walk across the gravel to the door. And, when it opens, i am shocked. There are only two men. All the rest are women. i am still struggling to get my mind around this when i hear the scream.

And, frustratingly, thats the end of the flashback. i am assuming that this is tied into the flashback before this, and the one that comes after. But, i won't swear to it. Could be that my mind is just supplying me with images of working with Kayla. Could be something else. Still working on it. And, the writing is helping a lot. What i can't figure out... is why this seems so horrible to me. As far as flashbacks go, its so light. Why does it seem like the end of the world?

Raven screamed at 10:31 PM


________________________________
My history, uncensored.  This is my place to pour out the secrets that haunt me.  This is my therapy blog, read at your own risk.

Archives
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
July 2010


Email me

my happily ever after
Always His angel

Other Blogs Speaking Out


eXTReMe Tracker