titleimage.jpg (44906 bytes)

Monday, February 27, 2006

Lines 

my Granddaddy worked hard all his life. Damn, i hate saying that. my father's values were ones i tried so hard to live up to and that's pretty much at the top of his list. And, that bastard did it. Blah, anyway, back to the point.
He worked hard all of his life and he had scarred and calloused hands. He never made it through the first grade and he couldn't read at all. He could sign his name, but it was a slow laborious project. After waiting so long for him to form the signature you always expected a childlike scrawl, but Granddaddy always believed anything worth doing was worth doing right. He could produce the finest most beautiful handwriting i have ever seen.
The dumb bastard must have hated school, and he seemed to expect me to hate it as well. But, i didn't. Not when i was little. At school it was warm in winter and there was always food to eat. No one hit me or screamed at me. There were no chains or dark places or dirty mattresses on dirt floors. i thought it was just about heaven.
When i first learned to read, he wanted me to write lines. i suppose this had been a particularly horrible thing for him. Now, you wouldn't know it these days, my many times broken fingers will only produce an almost illegible scrawl, but he did teach me to make beautiful letters. And in my basement hell for nearly one whole year the walls were covered from floor to ceiling in pieces of paper that i had written lines on.
He never knew that those lines said "Granddaddy is a big dumb jerk," over and over and over. He only looked at the pretty writing and thought i had done as he said.


i don't think any of the men who have kept me as pet, prisoner, or pokable have seen me. They always believed my sweet facade of acceptance and obedience. And, that was what allowed me to survive and even allowed me to escape in the end.
But, how do i get rid of that facade now?

Raven screamed at 4:14 PM


________________________________
My history, uncensored.  This is my place to pour out the secrets that haunt me.  This is my therapy blog, read at your own risk.

Archives
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
July 2010


Email me

my happily ever after
Always His angel

Other Blogs Speaking Out


eXTReMe Tracker