titleimage.jpg (44906 bytes)

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Other Paths: Marcie 

So... i've been thinking of how my life has turned out and how it could have turned out. The big 3-0 approaches and i think i am happier than i had any right to expect to be. i have a man who loves me to bits, a home that is mine and is safe even if it is a bit of a dump. No one can take it from us we own it. We don't have much, but what we do have we got on our own and we don't owe anybody a damn thing. i haven't had to lay on my back for anyone in a damn long time and the man i'm with would never ask me to. To quote a man i admire, "Life is sweet." (Go read Buffalo.)
But, i feel like i've been fortunate. What happens when you go down another path in your adult life? What happens when you feel like you don't deserve love and you run straight into the arms of a man who will profess it as he treats you like shit. You end up like my sister, Marcie. Marcie with the scars of her husband's fists and boots. Marcie who has lived the past four months without electricity because her husband's beer and drugs come before the bills. Marcie breaks my heart because she honestly thinks she deserves this treatment. Granddaddy broke something fine and proud and noble in Marcie, you can see it in pictures of her. Drugs took the rest. And, the man who came before her husband. He pimped her out for drugs. He wasn't a real pimp, a real player, but he still had Marcie down on her knees for profit. Its not a sunny feeling.
So Marcie is on a path that to me looks a lot like hell. Tomorrow we'll look at Vanessa.

Raven screamed at 5:36 PM


________________________________
My history, uncensored.  This is my place to pour out the secrets that haunt me.  This is my therapy blog, read at your own risk.

Archives
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
July 2010


Email me

my happily ever after
Always His angel

Other Blogs Speaking Out


eXTReMe Tracker